Physical Therapist - PRN
- - Physical Therapy
- Covington, LA, USA
The Physical Therapist is responsible for patient evaluation, treatment, record documentation and teaching of therapeutic programs. The therapist is also responsible for accurate and effective communication with referral sources, patients and the support staff. Finally, the therapist is responsible for direct supervision of the clinical support team. Provide treatment, care and safety of patients regardless of race, creed, age (e.g., infants, children, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, ages 0 – 120 years), gender or disability without bias or prejudice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in administration of the assigned facility as requested by the Facility Coordinator.
- Assist the Facility Coordinator with development of patient care policies and procedures as requested.
- Participate in in-service education as scheduled by the Facility Coordinator.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current rehabilitation techniques and procedures, including knowledge of therapeutic equipment, proper operation and maintenance.
- Practice physical therapy in accordance with all company policies which shall always represent currently approved methods and standards of practice as defined by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Practice in compliance with the currently approved and published Guides for Professional Conduct and Codes of Ethics of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Maintain confidentiality of all current and former patients as defined by company policy.
- Demonstrate regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, family members, visitors and staff.
- Interact with fellow employees in a manner that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
- Deliver patient care under the referral of a physician, surgeon, dentist, chiropractor, or podiatrist licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana.
- Interpret and implement physician orders.
- Perform evaluations, specific tests and measures, and document the results of patient performance as outlined in company policy.
- Plan effective and diversified treatment programs in consultation with referring physicians.
- Educate the patient and family members when and where appropriate.
- Administer physical therapy techniques relative to indications, precautions and contraindications.
- Administer physical therapy treatment with regard to the patient's social, psychological and emotional status.
- Communicate and collaborate with other appropriately authorized personnel when developing and implementing therapeutic care plans.
- Document the patient's medical record on the initial visit and all subsequent follow-up visits in a professionally acceptable method.
- Report any and all changes in the patient's condition to the referring physician.
- Assist the support team in maintaining a safe and comfortable working environment. Report problems and suggestions to the Facility Coordinator.
- Directly supervise all patient care provided by any member of the support team.
- Administer appropriate charges for services rendered based on the company standard fee schedule.
Action Orientation - Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions.
Communications - Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
Creativity/Innovation - Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
Critical Judgment - Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
Customer Orientation - Listens to customers, builds customer confidence, increases customer satisfaction, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and responds to customer needs.
Interpersonal Skills - Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
Leadership - Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
Teamwork - Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward, and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
- Meets dress code standards and adheres to policies.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
- Attends at least ____ staff meetings annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Promotes professional growth of subordinates by sharing knowledge and/or directing them to sources if information appropriate to given situation. Utilizes journals, books, etc. to learn and/or improve new techniques and equipment.
- Assists other staff members in performing any duty that enhances the delivery of patient care.
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited school of physical therapy.
- Current licensure as required by the state regulatory agency.
- BLS certification required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires repetitive motions, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing up to 100 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page