Respiratory Therapist - PRN (Day and Night Positions)
- - Respiratory
- Covington, LA, USA
The Respiratory Therapist administers, evaluates and monitors all aspects of adult and pediatric respiratory care; and responsible for consistently high quality patient care. Under the supervision of the Respiratory Manager and C.N.O.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs and administers respiratory therapy treatments according to physician orders.
- Administers hyper- inflation therapy (IPBB incentive spirometry) in a safe, effective manner, and in accordance with guidelines.
- Set up and administer Aerosol humidity therapy.
- Administers, evaluates, and monitors medical gas therapy.
- Administers, safe effective airway.
- Set and monitor mechanical ventilators.
- Administers percussion and postural drainage.
- Able to lift and position patients into appropriate positions.
- Responds to all emergency situations.
- Performs arterial punctures in a safe, painless manor.
- Accurately assesses patient's pulmonary status.
- Responsible for accurate charting.
- Maintain and trouble shoot respiratory therapy equipment.
- Disassemble and clean (disinfects) respiratory equipment.
- Responsible for documentation of therapy treatments in daily/monthly progress notes using electronic charting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to manage patient care.
Action Orientation - Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions.
Communications - Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
Creativity/Innovation - Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
Critical Judgment - Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
Customer Orientation - Listens to customers, builds customer confidence, increases customer satisfaction, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and responds to customer needs.
Interpersonal Skills - Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
Leadership - Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
Teamwork - Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward, and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
- Meets dress code standards and adheres to dress code policy.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
- Attends staff meetings and/or review all monthly staff meeting as evidenced by Health Stream minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Promotes professional growth of subordinates by sharing knowledge and/or directing them to sources if information appropriate to given situation. Utilizes journals, books, etc. to learn and/or improve new techniques and equipment.
- Assists other staff members in performing any duty that enhances the delivery of patient care.
- Provides lab support and is proficient in I-stat functions.
- Must have current Respiratory Therapist license for the state of Louisiana
- Must have CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist) licensure
- May have RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) licensure
- One year of clinical experience within the last year
- Must have current BLS (CPR) card and ACLS certifications
- PALS certified preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires repetitive motions, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page