- - Med/Surg
- Covingtron, LA, USA
- Full Time
Under the direct supervision of the Chef, Dietary Manager or Dietitian, follows the direction of the Chef. The dietary porter/aide performs a variety of food services including serving food to patients, employees and visitors and is also responsible for cleaning and stocking the kitchen and food preparation areas. Duties also include a variety of patient food services and dish duties as well as other related tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Stocks and stores all groceries
- May open and close department
- Keeps freezers and refrigerators cleaned and organized at all times
- Cleans containers, sorts out spoiled/expired items
- Checks with chef if assistance is needed in any area
- Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Sweeps and mops the kitchen in the evening
- Assist in preparation of special functions
- Keeps kitchen area, serving area and serving line clean at all times
- Assist with pre-preps whenever possible
- Washes pots, pans, and dishes. Stores in proper location
- Cleans all equipment used for food preparation
- Prepares and cooks meals if needed
- Accepts deliveries and verifies order is correct
- Turns off all equipment and lights at the end of the day
- Assists housekeeping in taking out trash, including empty boxes to the dumpster
- Keeps boxes and storerooms in neat and orderly fashion
Action Orientation - Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions.
Communications - Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
Creativity/Innovation - Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
Critical Judgment - Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
Customer Orientation - Listens to customers, builds customer confidence, increases customer satisfaction, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and responds to customer needs.
Interpersonal Skills - Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
Leadership - Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
Teamwork - Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward, and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
- Meets dress code standards.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
- Attends staff meetings and/or reviews all monthly staff meeting minutes per HealthStream.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Promotes professional growth of subordinates by sharing knowledge and/or directing them to sources if information appropriate to given situation. Utilizes journals, books, etc. to learn and/or improve new techniques and equipment.
- Assists other staff members in performing any duty that enhances the delivery of patient care.
- High school diploma
- Servsafe Certification required or acquire the certification within 30 days of employment
- Hospital kitchen/cooking experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires repetitive motions, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page