Radiology Tech - PRN
- - Radiology
- Covington, LA, USA
The technologist will provide services timely and efficiently at appropriate levels to all patients and in all settings served by the department. Provide imaging and fluoroscopic support during surgical procedure. The Technologist will perform tasks and duties as outlined per hospital policy and procedure. Will assist in assigned administrative tasks and will maintain clinical competencies through participation in educational and orientation programs. Always works as a team member within the entire facility. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Physician, PA, or NP to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients and prepares patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Provide fluoroscopic support during surgical procedures, assisting team in image identification, recording and documentation.
- Utilizes CPSI to log completed radiological procedures and order entries, retrieves and scans reports and assures patient charging. Request, retrieve and track files to and from other departments and/or centers. Complete documentation accurately and on time.
- Transport of patients as needed to and from the Imaging services department.
- Obtain, develop and process quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by Physician, PA, or NP.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and report immediately any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Maintain x-ray room, stock and rotate radiological supplies.
- Provides orientation and training to new Radiology Techs and make suggestions to improve work methods.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Action Orientation - Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions.
Communications - Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
Creativity/Innovation - Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
Critical Judgment - Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
Customer Orientation - Listens to customers, builds customer confidence, increases customer satisfaction, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and responds to customer needs.
Interpersonal Skills - Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
Leadership - Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
Teamwork - Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward, and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
- Meets dress code standards and adheres to policy.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
- Attends staff meetings annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Promotes professional growth of subordinates by sharing knowledge and/or directing them to sources if information appropriate to given situation. Utilizes journals, books, etc. to learn and/or improve new techniques and equipment.
- Assists other staff members in performing any duty that enhances the delivery of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited radiologic technologists program
- Current ARRT or ARDMS
- Current State License LRT
- Current BLS certification or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Two years of experience required and must be proficient in diagnostic radiology. One year working competency in one section of other specialized area: surgery.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires repetitive motions, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page