MRI Technologist - PRN - FRIDAYS Only 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- - Radiology
- Covington, LA, USA
FRIDAYS ONLY 7:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M
Performs MRI procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Operates equipment safely while performing all types of procedures. Ensures magnetic safety at all times. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments, and medical staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform MRI procedures as per physician, NP, or PA order, starting IV's, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
- Evaluate MRI scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label. Film/transmit to PACS.
- Utilizes medical record to charge procedures and supplies; maintains accurate patient records. Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical functions.
- Perform necessary lab as ordered.
- Load and operate power injections for contrast media administration.
- Provide orientation and training to new MRI technologists.
- Provide care for the psychological and physical needs of patients for MRI scans.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein.
- Cross assist in other areas as needed and as directed.
Action Orientation - Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions.
Communications - Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
Creativity/Innovation - Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
Critical Judgment - Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
Customer Orientation - Listens to customers, builds customer confidence, increases customer satisfaction, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and responds to customer needs.
Interpersonal Skills - Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
Leadership - Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
Teamwork - Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward, and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
- Meets dress code standards and adheres to policy.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
- Attends staff meetings annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Promotes professional growth of subordinates by sharing knowledge and/or directing them to sources if information appropriate to given situation. Utilizes journals, books, etc. to learn and/or improve new techniques and equipment.
- Assists other staff members in performing any duty that enhances the delivery of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited radiologic technologists program
- Current ARRT
- Current State License LRT
- Certified MRI Technologist or ability to pass MRI registry within time specified
- Current BLS certification or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Two years of Radiologic Technology experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires repetitive motions, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page